|Title:||Head Tennis Coach|
|College:||Old Dominion University '92|
- Received his bachelor's degree from Old Dominion University in 1992 and an associate's degree from Lees-McRae College in 1984
- Tennis Director and Head Coach of Old Dominion University, 1992-2011.
- Served as WTA Professional coach for Tzipi Obziler from Israel at the US Open and other professional tournaments from 2002 to 2008. Her career high ranking of #75 was achieved in July of 2007 making her the oldest female player ever to break into the WTA top 100 at the age of 34.
- Recruited talented tennis players from 24 different countries to play collegiate tennis in the United States.
- Demonstrating national success as a collegiate coach for 20 years with men’s and women’s teams in the national NCAA Division 1 rankings and individuals earning high NCAA Division 1 rankings in singles and doubles along with being named conference “Coach of the Year” multiple times. Teams and individuals qualified for NCAA Division 1 championships on multiple occasions. Compiled a 563-353 overall dual match record.
- Former players Izak van der Merwe and Tzipi Obziler demonstrated success on the ATP and WTA respectively. In the summer of 2008, both players were in the main draw of Wimbledon making it one of the few times where both a male and female player from the same college was playing in the main draw of a Grand Slam.
- Former players have represented their respective countries in Davis Cup, Federation Cup, Olympics, along with playing World Team Tennis.
- Served as advisory team member for Prince Sports and Technifibre along with developing national collegiate purchasing programs for Klip Strings, Volk, Sergio Tacchini, and Technifibre.
- Instrumental in the design and funding of the 7.5 million dollar Folkes-Stevens Indoor Tennis Center in Norfolk, VA. along with serving as a consultant to a variety of other tennis facilities.
- Recruited, developed, organized and coordinated events featuring Vic Braden, Dennis van der Meer, Bollettieri Tennis Academy, Luke and Murphy Jensen.
- Involved in the marketing and logistics for Anthem Live! The Fight against Cancer exhibition featuring James Blake and Andy Roddick (2006), James Black, Andre Agassi, Bryan Brothers, (2007), and James Blake, Mardy Fish, Serena Williams and Tatiana Golvin (2008).
- Served as key note speaker for various banquets and organizations along with directing numerous tennis camps and clinics.
- Played NCAA Division I collegiate tennis at Old Dominion. Earned ATP doubles points in 1985.
- First year as an assistant coach at Virginia Wesleyan
- Received his degree from Virginia Tech in 1973
- Inducted into the Virginia Tech Athletic Hall of Fame in 1993
- Member of the International Tennis Federation; ranked No. 170 in 2004
- Current Vice President of Beskin and Associates, Inc.
- Former Account Executive for the Xerox Corportation
- 2012 graduate of Christopher Newport University (CNU) with a degree in child psychology
- Competed four seasons in men's tennis for CNU
- Captain of the CNU squad as a senior
- Nansemond Suffolk girls tennis coach in 2013
- Chesapeake Western Branch girls tennis coach in 2012
- Has coached district and sectional champion USTA junior teams
- Assistant Tennis Professional at Elizabeth Manor & Country Club since 2009
- Graduate of Western Branch, where he was a two-time all-district honoree in tennis
- National qualifier in the USTA JTT 18 an under advanced level