0 - Erica Keil
|Hometown: ||Wayne, N.J.|
|High School: ||DePaul Catholic|
|Major: ||Interdivisional Studies|
- "I made Virginia Wesleyan my top choice because I felt at home on campus, and the education and soccer programs offered me many great opportunities."
- Selected VWC over York College of Pennsylvania, Marywood University, Catholic University and Montclair State University
- Recorded a school record 0.55 goals against average and 12 shutouts as a senior for a 13-5-2 soccer team
- Helped DePaul to a 14-4-3 record as a junior
- Four-year varsity starter and team captain as a senior
- Recorded a 1.68 GAA and six shutouts as a freshman, a 1.14 GAA and 10 shutouts as a sophomore, and a 0.65 GAA and 10 shutouts as a junior
- Finished with over 600 career saves
- Four-time all-county and all-conference honoree
- Also competed in track and field
- Daughter of Nancy and Eric Keil; dad attended Rutgers University, mom attended Oregon State University and the University of Arizona
- Has one sister, Carlin, who attends Rampao College
- Self-description in 10 words or less: "passionate, driven, competitive, talkative, original"
- Enjoys all types of music and spending vacation time in Seattle
- Favorites include the book "House Rules," the movie "Stick It," and the TV series "DeGrassi"
- A fan of the Arsenal soccer team, professional soccer play Karen Bardsley and actress Sandra Bullock
- My favorite aspect of being an athlete is: "Being part of a team."
- The part of my game I've improved the most is: "Footskills and touch."
- My personal athletic goal at VWC is: "To be the best I can be."
- If I could participate in a reality show it would be: "The Amazing Race."
- If I could possess one superpower it would be: "Invincibility. I'd never get physically hurt."
- It's the year 2025 and: "I'm running a soccer club for kids with special needs."
- The most important advice I've received is: "Everything happens for a reason."
View: Mobile | Desktop