3 Jessica Edelman
|High School:||Eastern Regional|
- "I made VWC my top choice because I loved the school and all the people I met by just walking through the campus. I loved all the soccer coaches and the players too. And being 5 minutes from the beach is nice too. It just felt like home."
- Selected Virginia Wesleyan over the University of North Carolina at Wilmington, the University of Maryland, and the University of San Diego
- Presidential Scholarship recipient
- Two-time Dean's List honoree
- Honors and Scholars student
- Carries a current 3.936 grade point accume
- All-state honoree as a junior and senior
- All-Group IV honoree as a junior and senior
- All-Olympic Conference honoree as a junior and senior
- Four-year varsity player, helping Eastern Regional High School to a combined record of 59-21-10 in girls soccer
- Scored 23 career goals and 25 assists
- Recipient of the Sports Marketing Academic Award as a senior, an award honoring the student with the highest grade point average in the class
- Daughter of Julie and Ronald Edelman; dad attended the University of Delaware and mom attended Stony Brook University
- Has one brother, Alex, and a sister, Lauren, a student at Quinnipiac University
- Self-description in 10 words or less: "Athletic, funny, intelligent, hard-working, and driven."
- A fan of the Philadelphia Phillies baseball team and the Philadelphia Eagles football team, baseball player Jimmy Rollins and actor Robert Pattinson
- Enjoys listening to all types of music and vacation time at Walt Disney World and Aruba
- Favorites include the book, "Something Borrowed," the movie "The Lion King," and the TV series "One Tree Hill"
- My favorite aspect of being an athlete is: "Being put into a competitive environment, being part of a team, the chance the be great at something, and being able to eat whatever I want!"
- The most improved part of my game is: "My speed and my shot with both feet."
- My personal athletic goal at VWC is: "I want to score a lot, create chances for our team, and be an example on and off the field. I really want to make it to the Final Four."
- If I could participate in a reality show it would be: "The Real World. They get to live in really sweet houses!"
- If I could possess one superpower it would be: "I would like to be able to teleport. I could travel all around the world without having to pay for airfare! And I would never be late."
- People might be surprised to know: "I have a fear of most fruits."
- It's the year 2025 and: "I want to be living either in California or somewhere warm with my husband and kids. I want to be working as an Account Executive or something else dealing with marketing at an agency."
- The most important advice I've received is: "Don't let the mental part of the game take over the actual game. Just have fun with it." --Dad