3 - Courtney Bogan
|Hometown: ||Round Hill|
|High School: ||Woodgrove|
- "I made Virginia Wesleyam my top choice because of the small atmosphere and the fun people at the school. Also, the fact that its really close to the beach made it the No. 1 choice for me."
- Selected VWC over York College of Pennsylvania
VWC Career Statistics
|Year ||AVG ||GP/GS ||AB ||R ||H ||2B ||3B ||HR ||RBI ||SO ||SB/A ||PO ||A ||E ||FLD%|
|2013 || || || || || || || || || || || || || || |
- Presidential Scholarship recipient
- Graduated with a 4.00 grade point average, ranked 73rd in a class of 318
- Batting average of .452 as a senior, helping her high school team to a 28-2 record and Virginia's AA state championship game
- Team captain as a senior
- First team All-Dulles District
- Second team All-Region II
- Selected to play in the state all-star game
- Honor Roll student four straight years
- Daughter of Barbara and John Bogan; mom and dad attended Strayer University
- Enjoys all kinds of music and spending vacation time at the beach
- Favorites include the book "Fifty Shades of Grey," the movie "The Hot Chick," and the TV series "Pretty Little Liars"
- A fan of baseball standout Derek Jeter, actress Mila Kunis, and major league baseball's New York Yankees
- Self-description in 10 words or less: "athletic, short, fun, smart, sarcastic and friendly"
- My favorite aspect of being an athlete is: "learning new skills and mastering old skills."
- My personal athletic goals at VWC are: "to start in the outfield and be Rookie of the Year my first season."
- The part of my game I've improved the most is: "bunting"
- If I could spend one day with a famous person from any time period it would be: "Derek Jeter. He's my all-time favorite player and I've always wanted to meet him."
- If I could participate in a reality show it would be: "Jeopardy. I watch it every night."
- If I could possess one superpower it would be: "flying. It would be cool."
- People might be surprised to know: "I can be shy around large groups of people I don't know."
- It's the year 2025 and: "I'm married, living in Florida with a job as a certified psychologist."
- The most important advice I've received is: "choose a college you like and let sports help you get into it. Don't choose a college only because of softball." -- Coach Tony