10 - Josh McNamara
|Year: ||First Year|
|Hometown: ||Springfield, Va.|
|High School: ||West Springfield|
|Major: ||Interdivisional Studies|
- "I made Virginia Wesleyan my top choice because of the soccer program, Coach McFarland, and the location."
- Selected VWC over the Ohio State University, Clemson Universtiy, Ferrum College, Randolph College, Randolph-Macon College, Longwood University, and the University of Kansas
VWC Career Statistics
|2011 ||TBA ||TBA ||TBA ||TBA ||TBA ||TBA ||TBA ||TBA|
- Competed in swimming and soccer
- Spartan Leadership Award 2009, 2011
- Son of Keith McNamara; father attended Ohio State University
- Born in El Paso, Texas
- Has three siblings, Megan, Jason, and Kelly. Brother Jason attends Ohio State University
- Enjoys country, rap, and hip hop music
- Favorites include the movie "Billy Madison," and the TV show "Manswers"
- A fan of the soccer teams Arsenal, DC United, the Dallas Cowboys football team, and the Washington Wizards basketball team
- Self-description in 10 words or less: "Positive, outgoing, friendly"
- My favorite aspect of being an athlete is: "Successes on and off the field."
- The part of my game I have most improved is: "My non-dominant foot."
- My personal athletic goal at VWC is: "Becoming the best player possible, contributing to the team."
- If I could spend a day with a famous person from any time period it would be: "Francesc Fabregas so that we could train and talk about the game of soccer."
- If I could participate in a reality show it would be: "Who Wants to be a Millionaire so that I could win a million dollars."
- It's the year 2025 and: "I am 29 years old and living life to the fullest, becoming a successful person while starting a family."
- If I could possess one superpower it would be: "Super strength so that I would never get hurt."
- People might be surprised to know: "I have three siblings and I have moved nine times in my life."
- The most important advice I've received is: "It isn't about what you're doing, where you are, who you're with, but it's about who you are as a person." --Lynn McNamara
View: Mobile | Desktop