32 Cameron Owens
|Major:||Interdivisional Studies (Elementary Education)|
- "I made VWC my top choice because of the environment and the people who I got a chance to meet on my visits. I chose VWC for academic reasons such as the resources for extra help. They have a great education program and tons of ways to find future jobs through doing internships."
- Selected VWC over Marymount University, Eastern Mennonite University, Hamden-Sydney College, Hood College, Catholic University, and Christopher Newport University
VWC Career Statistics
- Scored a season-high 12 points in an 87-54 win at Shenandoah University, netting a season-high five field goals
- Connected for a season-high three triples in a 72-66 win over Randolph College
- Pulled down a season-high five rebounds against Guilford College and against Randolp-Macon College
- Averaged 18 points per game
- Two time first team All-Distrtict honoree
- Second team All-District defense award
- Northern Region 3-point champion
- MVP 2010-2011
- Son of Dawn and David Edwards
- Born in Washington, DC
- Has one brother, Caleb
- A fan ofthe Washington Redskins football team, basketball player Kobe Bryant, and all kinds of music
- Favorites include the movie "Space Jam" and the TV series "The Office"
- My favorite aspect of being an athlete is: "Competiting against other teams but also creating friendships and bonds with other people."
- The part of my game I've improved the most is: "Being able to play away from the basket more, for example, shooting more accurately and my ball handling.
- My personal athletic goal at VWC is: "To win a National Championship, to improve more with ball handling, become faster, and to be a better player on the defensive end."
- If I could spend one day with a famous person from any time period it would be: "Abraham Lincoln because I think he would have a lot of advice and would be an interesting person to get to know.
- If I could participate in a reality show it would be: "Jersey Shore because of how much fun they have and also because the show is very popular so they have major celebrity status."
- It's the year 2025 and: "I plan to be teaching somewhere in Virginia. I would like to be teaching at an elementary school and be working with mentally disabled children."
- If I could possess one superpower it would be: "I would be able to create more superpowers so that I would never run out."
- People might be surprised to know: "I really enjoy working with kids and that I still watch Spongebob Squarepants almost everyday."
- The most important advice I've received is: "Always tell the truth and be honest." --Father