13 - Josh Miller
|High School:||Chesapeake Greenbrier Christian Academy|
- "I made VWC my top choice because I wanted to play baseball to my best ability. I believe Coach Nick Boothe believes in me and will make me the best I can be. My uncle, Rick Chalk, gradated from here. He was an outstanding basketball player and held the scoring title for years, until recently broken by another great player. It was my honor to watch many of his games and I have felt a part of this school most of my life."
VWC Career Statistics
- 4.00 GPA Winter '11
- 2009 second team All-Virginia Independent Schools Athletic Association (VISAA) all-state honoree
- 2009 VISAA first team all-state All-Academic honoree
- 2009 Greenbrier Christian Academcy Athlete of the Year
- Recorded a .470 batting average and drove in 36 runs as a senior
- Helped guide Greenbrier Christian to consecutive VISAA Division II state championships his final three years; Greenbrier compiled a 29-2 record his senior season
- Son of Lisa and Craig Miller; parents attended Tidewater Community College
- Has three younger siblings, Jesse, Jamie, and Jackson
- A fan of the Boston Red Sox
- Favorites include The Bible, the movie "Tommy Boy," and the TV series "Man vs. Food"
- Enjoys all types of music and spending vacation time near a beach
- My favorite aspect of being an athlete is: "The competition and comraderie with the team."
- The part of my game I've improved the most is: "Hitting."
- If I could possess one superpower it would be: "Super strength."
- People might be surprised to know: "I play the guitar in my free time."
- The most important advice I've received is: "Be humble, work hard and lead by example."