15 - Pike Brynildsen
|High School:||T.C. Williams|
|Major:||Political Science/Environmental Studies|
- "I made VWC my top choice because I like the location, the size of the College, and basically my who family went there."
- Selected Virginia Wesleyan over Appalachian State University, Hampden-Sydney College, and High Point University
VWC Career Statistics
|2011||.299||23/17||67||17||20 ||4||1||0 ||6||4||9/9||31||2||2||.943|
- Four-time Dean's List honoree
- Carries a current 3.934 grade point accume
- Posted a 4.00 GPA Spring 2010
- 2011 Old Dominion Athletic Conference/Farm Bureau Insurance Scholar-Athlete of the Year in baseball
- 2011 honorable mention All-ODAC honoree
- Honors and Scholars student
- Two-time first team All-Patriot District honoree
- First team All-Northern Region as a senior
- Honorable mention All-Virginia as a senior
- Hit .392 his final year in high school
- Son of Judy and Herbert Brynildsen, both graduates of Virginia Wesleyan College
- Has two siblings, Joshua, a graduate of the University of Wyoming, and Victoria, a graduate of Virginia Wesleyan College
- Self-description in 10 words or less: "I am very shy and normally in deep thought."
- Favorites include the book "The Motel Life," the movie "Stranger than Fiction," and the TV series "Psych"
- Enjoys the music of Coheed and Cambria and would like to spend vacation time in Singapore or Norway
- A fan of the baseball's Cal Ripken Jr., the Baltimore Orioles, and actor John Krasinski
- If I could spend a day with a famous person from any time period it would be: "Socrates. I would learn so much just from talking with him, but I'm sure he would to talk to others as well."
- The actor who should play me in my life movie is: "either Hayde Christensen or John Krasinski."
- If I could participate in a reality show: "I would volunteer for Extreme Home Makeover."
- The superpower I would like to possess is: "Speed reading, to save lots of time."
- People might be surprised to know: "I'm a vegetarian."
- It's the year 2025 and: "I am where my skills are most needed. I have a successful career in urban planning."
- The most important advice I have received is: "Don't be afraid of what others might think about you."
- My favorite aspect of being an athlete is: "Being a part of a team."
- The part of my game I've improved the most is: "Confidence, hitting, and base stealing."