The athletic training room is located on the 1st floor of the
Jane P. Batten Student Center. Park in the Batten Center parking
lot, enter the doors into the Events Lobby. Follow the hall
straight ahead and past the gymnasium. Take the first hallway to
your right; the athletic training room is the last room on the
» Athletic training staff
Information for student athletes
» NCAA banned substance list 2011-12 [PDF]
» Team Physicians and Recommended Physicians
Checklist and Virginia Wesleyan Athletics and Insurance
» 2013-14 Health History-Insurance Form Packet
» VWC Sickle Cell Trait Testing Waiver (PDF)
Athletic training room hours
Monday - Thursday 1 p.m. - 4:30 p.m., 6 p.m.-6:30 p.m.
Friday 12 p.m. - 2 p.m., 4 - 5 p.m.
- All morning treatment and rehab sessions are by appointment
- The athletic training room will be open 1 hour prior to every
practice and 2 hours prior to every athletic event
- We will be here approx. 30 minutes after every athletic
- Weekend hours will be determined based on game and practice
*Athletic Training room hours are subject to change at
anytime based on athletic training staff availability, sports
season, and college breaks. Changes will be posted.
Information for visiting teams
» Athletic training brochure [PDF]
The Virginia Wesleyan College Athletic Training Staff looks
forward to hosting you and your team during the upcoming season. If
you have any questions or concerns please contact us.
Joe Witt, Head Athletic Trainer
Athletic training services
- The athletic training room will be open 2 hours prior to all
- If a certified athletic trainer or an athletic training student
will not be traveling with your team, please contact us in advance
so that we may provide your team with any pre-game assistance.
- If an ATC is not traveling with your team, your team may only
receive hot packs and/or ice as treatment, and taping. Due to
staffing and time constraints, our staff will not be able to
administer electrical modalities.
- Athletic Training students must bring a prescription for
modality use signed by an ATC or physician.
- You must provide your team with any taping and first aid
supplies they might need.
- Therapeutic Modalities: Ultrasound, Electrical Stimulation,
Whirlpool, Hot Packs, Ice Massage, Cryocuff
- Items provided on the field: Water, cups, injury ice and bags,
NDC Urgent Care Center
850 Kempsville Road
Norfolk, VA 23402
Directions to NDC Urgent Care Center and Sentara Leigh
- Turn right onto Wesleyan Drive
- Turn right onto Baker Road
- Turn right onto Newtown Road
- Turn right onto Virginia Beach Blvd.
- Follow Virginia Beach Blvd. to Kempsville Road
- Turn left onto Kempsville Road
- Turn left at the second light into NDC URGENT
- Turn left at the third light into SENTARA LEIGH
Sentara Bayside Hospital
800 Independence Blvd.
Virginia Beach, VA 23455
Directions to Bayside Hospital
- Take a right onto Wesleyan Drive
- Wesleyan Drive changes into Haygood Drive
- Turn right onto Independence Blvd.
- Go approximately 1-2 miles and Bayside Hospital is on the