The athletic training room is located on the 1st floor of the Jane P. Batten Student Center. Park in the Batten Center parking lot, enter the doors into the Events Lobby. Follow the hall straight ahead and past the gymnasium. Take the first hallway to your right; the athletic training room is the last room on the right.
Information for student athletes
Athletic training room hours
Monday - Thursday 1 p.m. - 4:30 p.m., 6 p.m.-6:30 p.m.
Friday 12 p.m. - 2 p.m., 4 - 5 p.m.
- All morning treatment and rehab sessions are by appointment only
- The athletic training room will be open 1 hour prior to every practice and 2 hours prior to every athletic event
- We will be here approx. 30 minutes after every athletic event
- Weekend hours will be determined based on game and practice schedules
*Athletic Training room hours are subject to change at anytime based on athletic training staff availability, sports season, and college breaks. Changes will be posted.
Information for visiting teams
» Athletic training brochure [PDF]
The Virginia Wesleyan College Athletic Training Staff looks
forward to hosting you and your team during the upcoming season. If
you have any questions or concerns please contact us.
Joe Witt, Head Athletic Trainer
Athletic training services
- The athletic training room will be open 2 hours prior to all home events.
- If a certified athletic trainer or an athletic training student will not be traveling with your team, please contact us in advance so that we may provide your team with any pre-game assistance.
- If an ATC is not traveling with your team, your team may only receive hot packs and/or ice as treatment, and taping. Due to staffing and time constraints, our staff will not be able to administer electrical modalities.
- Athletic Training students must bring a prescription for modality use signed by an ATC or physician.
- You must provide your team with any taping and first aid supplies they might need.
- Therapeutic Modalities: Ultrasound, Electrical Stimulation, Whirlpool, Hot Packs, Ice Massage, Cryocuff
- Items provided on the field: Water, cups, injury ice and bags, splints, AED
NDC Urgent Care Center
850 Kempsville Road
Directions to NDC Urgent Care Center and Sentara Leigh Hospital
Sentara Bayside Hospital
800 Independence Blvd.
Directions to Bayside Hospital